- Region US - East Central
Provide administrative support to Dean, Director of Operations, faculty, visiting faculty, and students ensuring the smooth operation of the School of Critical Studies.
This is a full-time, nine month position, working during the academic year only (39 weeks)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (including but not limited to:)
- Provide support to the Dean and Director of Operations
- Provide front of office support and manage communications under general office duties, work orders, fax, phones, emails and mail
- Under the supervision of the Director of Operations prepare graduate assistant hiring materials
- Supervise, hire and train student workers responsible for office duties, visiting artists, and writing lab
- Provide administrative support to program directors, faculty and students
- Collect and digitally archive documents
- Monitor, review, and update program social media platforms and websites
- Maintain software inventory and computer/printer inventory, including providing assistance with software and hardware
- Order office supplies, software and office equipment under the direction of the Director of Operations.
- Oversee and maintain technical support for faculty and TA’s
- To undertake training at key times within administrative and budgetary duties
- Provide support to the Graduate and Undergraduate Student body.
- Assist the Director of Operations with required course student enrollment.
- Coordinate Fall and Spring Registration sign up sessions.
- Responsible for sending out evaluation surveys to students and maintaining and retrieving from the online archive
- Plans student events for Graduate Programs.
- Maintain the Dean’s electronic calendar
- Assists with program faculty searches and candidate visits
- Perform other administrative support as assigned duties and participate in cross-training with other staff
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proactive problem solver and not afraid to take initiative
- Computer skills, including experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Apps
- Knowledge and experience in digital archiving, social media platforms and Website updating and management.
- Speak, write and communicate clearly
- Multi-task, be detail oriented and work well under pressure and competing deadlines
- Use tact, diplomacy, discretion and maintain confidentiality regarding all communications and records/files
- Ability to manage and update various databases with accuracy
- Compose letters and correspondence for faculty, to other schools, the public and within the Institute
- 3-5 years relevant experience
- Type 50-65 wpm
- Familiarity/interest in the arts and its discursive themes.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of digital archiving, social media platforms, and websites.
- Experience in higher education setting preferred
How to Apply
For immediate consideration follow the link to apply. apply.interfolio.com/88188